

Jake and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary on Tuesday August 12th! It is hard to believe that we have been married for five years! We were talking the other day about our lives together during the past five years and it is hard to believe we were once poor newlyweds still going to school and now...... well, we are still poor students but now we have two boys and a little girl on the way!
We didn't do much on Tuesday as Jake had to work and I had my doctors appointment but we did manage to go to lunch together with the boys....funny how after you have children your anniversary's sometimes just aren't the same! Jake has been really busy with work trying to get the job at the U of U done so he actually didn't get home until 6:30 that evening and we were both so exhausted we were asleep by 9:30! He did bring me home a wonderful card with a beautiful message in it......he knows I love when he expresses how he feels about me because it isn't easy for him to do that! He also brought me home a big bag of reeces peanut butter cups which he knows I love anything peanut butter!
Hopefully we can find some time in our busy lives to go out and celebrate our anniversary together without the boys! I just had to let Jake know how much I love and appreciate him! We have come a long way in the past five years! We both have grown up a lot and realize the importance of being one in a marriage! I am so very lucky and blessed to have such an amazing husband and father for our children. He is a wonderful example to me and to our children and I am looking forward to spending eternity with him!

7 comments:
Happy Anniversary! I love your wedding dress, beautiful pictures! The next 5 will go even faster! :)
Dad and I spent many an anniversary going to bed early after caring for you and Ryan. The years pass so quickly, have joy in each day.
Love
Mom
Yeah, the more kids you have, the more "group dates" you end up in. Don't despair, it does get better, at least I've heard that it does...
Cousin Robyn
Cute pictures! You are so funny!
Hey don't feel bad about the kids dating with you - I do it too!:)
I guess we are all pathetic!:)
Happy Anniversary!
Congratulations! You're living the dream!
What cute pictures. You two make a great pair.
Happy Anniversary! really cute pics. We took Zeke with us a lot also! It sometimes is easier and more fun! Take the time though for each other! You two are adorable and perfect for each other!
Post a Comment