Sunday, January 3, 2010

First Day of Primary






Jack had his very first day of primary today. It is hard to believe that he is now old enough to be in primary. I can't believe both boys are in primary! We have been telling Jack for the past week that he no longer goes to nursery but will go to primary because he is a big boy. We have been telling Samuel that he will still be in primary but will be moving up to the next class. For some reason he kept thinking that he would no longer be in primary. I reassured him that he was still in primary just a new class and new teachers but with the same kids in his class.

I took both the boys into the primary room thinking that both of them would be screaming and crying. Jack actually went up and got his sunbeam hat with his name on it and sat down next to his new sunbeam teacher. Sam and I sat down in the row behind Jack with his class. I kept telling him that he was going to be alright and that he teachers wee right there by him. I finally left after about 15 minutes and Sam was a little fussy but his teacher came up to him and comforted him and then he was just fine. After primary I got both of the boys and poor Jack was so tired he was lying on the floor in his primary class! We moved to the 1:00 church time which is the worst time! My children DO NOT know the meaning of sleeping in so they are extremely early risers. Although today that slept in until 6:30. When Jake asked me what time it was this morning, I told him it was 6:30. He couldn't believe it was THAT LATE! Normally our kids are up somewhere between 5:00-6:30! We will have to see how this 1:00 church time worked out with out early risers and no nap!

Jack had a great time in primary. I asked him what he learned and he replies "I don't know". Then he begins to tell me he sang songs, did puzzles and played games. Sam had a great time in primary with his new teachers and colored a CTR shield! I will have to take some pictures and post them of the boys with their hat/CTR shield! I was only able to get a few pictures of the boys this morning before church. Jack wanted nothing to do with getting his picture taken and Samuel is always really good about letting me take his picture!

1 comment:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Glad it went well.

Typical Sam and Jack....Jack not wanting to be contained to have his picture taken and Sam being very photogenic!