Friday, May 7, 2010

Ava and the cement



Poor little Ava took a hard hit on the cement this morning. It all started while I was trying to dry my hair. Ava saw the pink umbrella stroller and wanted to get in, so I sat her in and strapped her in the stroller. Jack then wanted to push her around. I let him because he was only pushing her around the bedrooms and the hallway. A few minutes later I hear some screaming. Jack had unlocked and opened the front door and pushed her down the two stairs from the front porch onto the driveway. Poor little Ava was still strapped in and screaming with her face covered in blood and blood splattered on the cement. This also happened around the time I needed to pick up Sam from preschool. I run in wash Ava's face off so I could see where she was bleeding from. I call Jake and scream at him to come home because Ava was bleeding. I then called Sam's preschool teacher to let them know I would be 15 minures late because we had an emergency fall. Jake got home a few minutes later and we rushed to the urgent care while Jake and Jack picked up Sam. Luckily they don't think her nose is broken, just really swollen and bruised. We will know more after the swelling goes down. It looks like she can breathe just fine out of her nose and everything else in her face, head and neck seemed to be normal. I feel so blessed that she didn't get hurt worse!

Jack know I was mad at him after it happened because he went right to time out. Every time you tried to talk to him about he got really quiet and looked away and even apologized several times without being asked to. I think he learned his lesson!

I think Ava will be just fine. She will have a bruised and swollen nose and black and blue eyes in a couple days but I think she will survive! It is just so hard to see your children get hurt!

1 comment:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

She was truly blessed....it could have been worse!

What a sweet angel she is!!!