Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our oldest


It is hard to believe that Samuel is almost six years old! He keeps reminding me that on March 19th it will be his birthday! He has adjusted well to moving and to his new school. He is still the most caring kid I know. He will go out of his way to make someone happy. He is still a very picky eater but lately has realized that fruit snacks, skittles and starburst candies aren't that bad after all! Maybe he will come around to liking fruits and vegetables someday! He has a big texture issue with foods. If it is chewy, gummy or rough he won't even try it. He has been this way since he was a young baby....hopefully he will outgrow it! I know that next year when he goes to school all day I am going to have to pack a lunch for him everyday, it is very unlikely he will eat school lunch!

Some of the things Samuel is interested in: star wars, beyblade spinning tops, dragons, being read to (he is getting better at reading a few worlds by himself), math, talking about bodily functions (what is with kids this age and talking about this?!?!) Jack does the same thing and they think it is the funniest thing in the world! Despite the fact that he talks about his bodily functions he is the sweetest boy and we are so blessed to be able to watch him grow! He is definitely a big brother and does his job well....telling the other two what to do and also comforts his sister when she gets hurt.

It is hard to even imagine my life without this kid! He brings so much laughter and joy into our home. I realize more and more that these years go by all too quickly and that I need to relax and not worry so much about the little things, because in the end, all that matters is that I took the time to teach my children, to be with my children, and to love my children unconditionally!

1 comment:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

What a handsome young man!! We do love him so much and I know he is a blessing in your life.