Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jack and Nursery


Today would be the first time Jack has stayed in nursery all by himself for 9 months. When we were still living in Murray he did great going to nursery and then all of a sudden he would freak out and scream until they brought him to me. When we were in Bountiful at Jake's Uncles house, Jack actually went to nursery by himself several times and then when we moved to Vernal Jack wanted nothing to do with nursery.

I have been getting to the point where I don't really want to even try to go to church because I am usually the one taking care on Jack and Ava since Jake is busy during Sunday school and Elders Quorum. Luckily Samuel loves primary and we hardly ever have a problem with him. Today we took Jack into nursery and told him if he wanted to go to nursery (which he always says he does) he was going to stay there without us. I needed to be able to go to my classes and feel the spirit without taking care of kids.

We took Jack into nursery and stayed a few minutes then left. We sat outside the door for a minute and could hear him pounding on the door, trying to escape and yelling and screaming BAH to the nursery leaders. We opened the door and I could not believe his face as he was yelling and screaming BAH. I was so embarrassed, how could MY child throw such a tantrum and scream in someone's face like that. I hate when he yells at me but to scream at someone else like that?!?! I have Sam to thank for teaching Jack to yell BAH and Jack has got one of the biggest tempers I have ever seen! I ended up staying with Jack in nursery for the next 15 minutes and decided to try to leave again. This time he stayed and didn't even care we had left.

When we went to get him after church, we were told he didn't cry or scream, in fact he was actually playing with everyone shooting spiderwebs out of his fingers! Jack is a lot like his mother, very dramatic and drastic mood changes!

Even though you boys push me to the limit, I do love you and wouldn't change a thing about you!

1 comment:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Yay for Jack for staying in Nursery!

Yes, kids are trying at times, but they are so lovable.

You are good parents.....just remember that each child comes with their own spirit and personality.

We love you!!