Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ava at three months!






Our sweet baby girl is three months old today!! Time sure does go by too quickly! Even though I do miss her being a newborn it has been fun to see her personality come out.

At 3 months.........

  • We call her Ava bo bava, cutie wootie, sweetness, love and Jacks favorite..... baby Ava
  • She loves hearing her voice and loves to hold conversations with us
  • Kicks her legs and raises her hands when she is happy or gets excited about something
  • She loves the changing table.....from the moment I put her down on the table she starts smiling and cooing at me. I'm not sure why she likes it so much but she does!
  • She does not love a binky....we have tried the hospital soothie ones and the gerber nuk ones hoping she would take one of them but nope, she won't have anything to do with it! If we do try to give it to her it just makes her more mad as she gags and chokes on it. I know in the long run it will be nice that she doesn't take one but sometimes I wish she would at times like in the car, at church or evening fussy time.
  • She spits up a lot thanks to reflux. We go through tons of burp rags, bibs and outfits throughout the day! Babies are so yummy after a bath but it's not long before she has spit up on her neck and smells sour again!
  • She loves to be held by mommy in the sling and daddy at night before bed
  • She is sleeping5-6 hours at night and then 4-5 hours again after eating
  • Likes to sit in her bebe pod to watch her brothers play
  • She loves her brothers and they love her!
  • Wants attention all the time.....if she is ever sitting in her seat and gets a little fussy, we just pick her up and talk to her and she is in heaven again
  • Has grown out of her newborn clothes and diapers, is wearing number one diapers and 0-3 months clothes and some 3-6 but those are still a little big on her.
  • She is definitely a redhead.....at least for now! When she was born we coudn't tell if it was red or blond but it is red just like Samuel's hair. I love their color of red as it isn't so bright red.
  • She really doesn't like tummy time....she can tolerate it for a few minutes but then after that she starts to get really fussy and seems to spit up several time while on her tummy.
  • Hold her head up really well
  • Loves to look at herself in the mirror
  • Loves to try to stand up while holding her on my lap
  • Loves to play pat-a-cake
  • Not sure how much she weighs...somewhere between 9-10 lbs as she was 9 lbs at 2 months old

3 comments:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

What a sweetie pie!! We all love her so much!! Three months old....where does the time fly?

Unknown said...

I LOVE the second picture! You are rockin with your camera lately!:)
she is so cute!

Ginny said...

She is so pretty Heather. Where did you get those hair bows they are so cute. I could only find one place by me that had bows, but they werent fancy like that. I love them.