Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Here we come Vernal!

Well it's official....we are moving to Vernal, Utah!! Jake's company got a job out there building something for Utah State. His company told us if they got the job out there they would buy a house for us to live in while we are there for the next year and a half to two years! It seemed to work out perfectly since we sold our house in murray and we were waiting on a short sale home in syracuse.

We actually were a week away from closing on the house in syracuse when we prayed about things and felt we shouldn't buy the house. We decided to wait and see what happened with the Vernal job. We put our trust and faith in the Lord and knew that no matter what happened we would be alright. I must say it has been very difficult for us waiting for the the house in syracuse and for the vernal job. We have been waiting for six months and now that we actually have some direction on where we are going I feel sooooo much better! It will be hard to move three hours away from our family and friends but at least it's not forever and the best part about it we get to live rent and mortgage free for the next year or two.....how great is that?! We also feel so blessed that Jake still has a job as the economy is so tough right now and several of our family and friends have lost their jobs. Our hearts and prayers go out to those that have lost their jobs.....we will keep you in our prayers.

It will be interesting to see how Vernal goes......Jake is excited to get out and do outdoors stuff......I am a little sad to be away from family and friends and from the city. I just need to look at Vernal as a new adventure in our lives. We will probably be moving in the next month or so.....as soon as we find a house out there. Wish us luck as we move out to Vernal for the next year or two!!

4 comments:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

What an exciting adventure!! We will miss you so much but we can talk on the phone and come to see you once in a while. You could even come here every so often. :)

You definitely need to keep up the blog so we can see you and see how the grandkids grow and change during this time.

You have been blessed so much!!

alene bishop said...

It will be different, but still can be wonderful. I've come to enjoy MO. Do your boys like dinosaurs? It's a wonderful financial blessing for you too. I also feel blessed that Uncle Craig still has a job.

Michelle S. said...

I have to say that I am a little bit jealous. I always say that I don't like change, but after the change, I do like the new things that have come into my life.

You have a great attitude about the whole thing! It will be a new adventure. Have a wonderful time!

Stephanie said...

What an awesoming opportunity. Although it is a bit scary, sometimes starting new is exactly what is needed. Good luck