












I have to start off by saying this is a long post and that I think Sam has got to be the most handsome 4 year old ever! The ladies will be all over his in no time!Sam had his very first day of preschool today! It is hard for me to believe that he is big enough to go to preschool! He didn't start until today because the preschool he is attending, "Forever Young" moved to a new location and just got done being built. They are still working on things like the fence, grass and parking lot but it is really great that the inside is brand new. Sam will go to school on Wednesday and Friday mornings from 8:30 to 10:30. There are 16 kids in his class but they separate in groups of 8 for about half the time. He has 2 teachers, Mrs Young and Miss Karen.
The day started off with the boys waking up around 6:00......that is normal around here. I really wish they would sleep in till 7:00! I asked Sam what he wanted to eat for breakfast and he chose waffles, eggs, yogurt and orange juice. We then got ready for the day. Sam was really excited to go to school. He kept talking to me and asking questions about school. Jake was able to come home for a bit to watch Jack and Ava so that I could take Sam to school alone.
We are driving in the car and Sam starts making up a song about going to preschool. Hearing him get so excited about school made me feel better. I thought I might get emotional about him going since he is my first and I still picture him as little, but I didn't cry instead I was thrilled that he was so excited. I am really excited that he gets to grow up, have fun and experience life!
We get to school and Sam practically runs up the walk to the door. We are greeted by Mrs. Young who then asks Sam to pick a cubby to put his stuff in. Doesn't surprise me that he picks the highest one! He then goes into the classroom and picks out his name tag and sits down to play with play dough while the other kids arrive. I stuck around for 5 minutes or so to take some pictures. I then went over to Sam gave him a hug and a kiss and he hugged me back and said goodbye. It is nice that he doesn't have problems leaving me. We are STILL having problems with Jack going into nursery. I hardly ever get to go to my class, the times I try to leave he screams and bangs at the door and has even escaped a few times!
The first thing Jack said to me when I walked in the door from dropping Sam off at school was "Is it time to go pick up Sam yet?" I felt really bad because Jack really wants to go to school too. During school Jack and I played horses and dragons. I am hoping that while Sam is at school, Jack and I get to spend some quality time together.
When it was time to pick up Sam from school Jack was really excited. I'm not sure if it was because he wanted to see Sam or if it was because he wanted to play with all of the toys there! When we walked in the door Sam gave me a big hug and began to tell me that he learned about the letter "A" and matched things that started with the letter "A" and that he sang a song and had cookies and read a story and colored. He really loved school and has been waiting for something like this for a long time!

2 comments:
What precious pictures' he sure looks like he had fun. Sam is a handsome young man; don't blink or he will be all grown up and you will be taking pictures of him leaving on his mission.
Top shelf....he is one that wants a challenge!!
Post a Comment