Sunday, January 18, 2009

Samuel's first day in Primary!


Today was the first day we made it to all of church this year......which also meant it was Samuel's first day in Primary and Jack's first day in nursery without Sam. All morning we told him he gets to go to primary now....he has been so excited to go....although the first little while he called primary preschool, probably because his friend Mason is in preschool.

After Sacrament meeting Sam's teachers came up to him to walk him to opening exercises. He went right up and held their hand. He gave me a hug and a kiss and said "bye mom." I guess my little Samuel is not as little as I sometimes think he is. Samuel did great all throughout his class and sharing time. He told us all about coloring, eating snacks and even making a new friend named Kevin. He even told us that he didn't cry.....probably because Jack did not want to go to nursery and was crying. He even walked to class with his arms folded! There are four other boys in his primary class and no girls which is interesting because in nursery Jack is the only boy with three other girls. Sam had a great first day in Primary.

Now it was time to take Jack to nursey. He didn't want to go to nursey without Sam. He kept telling me that he wanted to go to primary with Sam. I felt bad that he had to leave his brother but we headed to the nursery anyways. I thought for sure that Jack wouldn't leave my side in nursey. But to my surprise the teachers got him playing with zoo animals right away. I stepped out about 10 minutes after it started and he didn't even notice that I left. I was able to watch him as they have one way mirrors on the doors. He did great although he did try to escape a few times and the last time he tried het got the door open and saw me. I realized I had ruined it for him as he started crying for me so we went back in and got him busy putting stickers on paper. I stayed with him the rest of the time which was only about 15 minutes.

All in all the boys did great.......I was a little worried. I think I have a much harder time letting go than they do. I know they will be fine but I guess I just forget that I have to let them grow up!

4 comments:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

What a handsome young man!! It is hard letting them grow up.

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

A wonderful future missionary picture!!!!!

Ashleigh said...

I am so glad that he did well! What a cute little guy! He really cracks me up!

Rachel Elison said...

Yeah how fun that he is in Primary! What an Adorable young man! I feel like it so hard when they get bigger and bigger!