



















The past two weekends we have gone up in the mountains to have a cookout and roast hot dogs and smores. Last weekend our neighbors invited us to go with them. The kids had a blast all exploring, playing and getting dirty together. We had so much fun Jake asked me if I wanted to go do it again. So last night we packed up and headed up to the mountains. The boys always have to be busy doing something. They were constantly finding sticks, trying to help daddy with the campfire, trying to follow fur from a deer or elk, throwing rocks and garbage into the fire, playing in the dirt, helping daddy cut logs, trying to cut tress down with sticks and roasting hot dogs, marshmallows and making smores.
Everyone had fun, including Ava. I had forgotten to bring either the front carrier or the backpack so I had to either hold her or put her in the car seat. There was one time I had put her in the car seat and she managed to wiggle herself out. That is nothing new as she has been doing this for a while. The funny thing about it was that she wiggled herself out and fell out perfectly right onto her bum so she was sitting right up. The boys thought it was pretty funny that she fell out and was sitting in the dirt.
One of the highlights of the night was that we were just starting to drive away from the campsite when we saw an animal just off the side of the road. At first we couldn't tell what it was but as we got closer we saw that it was a black bear. I have never seen a bear before and the boys thought is was great to see a bear. Jack then asked "Can we find another bear?" Since living here in Vernal we have seen many deer, elks, cows and horses but it was the first time seeing a bear. Seeing the bear makes me a little nervous to camp overnight with the kids!
I am so grateful for the opportunity that we have had to be in Vernal and for all the wonderful things our Father in Heaven has given us, including the beautiful nature that surrounds us.

1 comment:
What fun you are having up in Vernal!! What neat pictures.....I am so glad you take a lot and post them.
Post a Comment