
















This past week was the Uintah County fair. We thought it might be fun to take the kids to the fair since we took them to the State Fair a couple years ago and they seemed to enjoy themselves. We first went to the Little Red Barn which I think was the highlight of the trip. Kids can go into this little "farm" and be farmers. They get to put on a red apron and then they get to pick a seed to plant....then they get to go on the other side of the garden and "pick" their produce. Then they get to put corn seeds in a bag, look at some real baby animals, pick eggs from the fake chickens. Samuel wasn't sure if the chickens were real or not so he was a little hesitant but then he decided to see for himself that they weren't real....he petted one on the head and then he decided it was alright. Jack told me to pick the eggs for him. They were a little too real looking for him! They then were able to milk a fake cow and put the milk in their basket and pick apples from the apple orchard. They then were able to "sell" their produce to the store and get "money" for it. Last they were able to take their "money" and pick a treat from the store. Samuel chose cookies while Jack went for the John Deere fruit snacks! They also gave them each a red ribbon that read future farmer!
After the Little Red Barn we told the boys they could each ride two rides. All Sam wanted to do was ride the bigger rides like the Ferris wheel and the swings but you had to be at least 48" to do so. We tried to explain to him that he wasn't quite tall enough and suggest the other rides to him. His explanation was "no, those rides are not fun, I want to go on a fun one!" He decided to pull his frown face and I snapped a couple pictures of him frowning and Jake trying to explain to him why he couldn't ride the "fun rides." They eventually chose to ride the race car ride and the little turtle train ride. They both loved the race car ride the most. It was so funny to watch them as they actually tried to steer the cars even though they were on the track going around and around.
After the rides it was getting a little late so we headed to good old McDonald's to get them a happy meal and finish off the night. Ava was a complete angel at the fair. She just sat in the stroller....no complaints from her!



2 comments:
Sure looks like you had a lot of fun!! I love that frown on Sam.....I wish I could give him a big grandma hug and tell him how much I love him and his family.
How fun! I love that you are always doing fun stuff with the kids. Once again your photography skills are great.
Post a Comment