


The time has come that with all of Jack's jumping around and crazy personality that he got his first stitches. It happened Friday October 9th around 4:00 in the afternoon. My parents came out to Vernal to visit me while Jake was on a dirt biking trip in Green River Utah. Jack was jumping on an air mattress and he fell into the corner of an exercise step and got a deep cut in his head. I do not do well in emergency situations and a lot of bleeding. I started freaking out about his head and decided that it looked deep enough for stitches. I had never been to the urgent care here before so I had no idea where it was or how to get there. I finally was able to get a hold of Jake on the phone who then explained where it was at. My dad watched Sam while my mom and I took Ava and Jack to the urgent care. The whole way to the urgent care Jack had his fingers in his ears and wouldn't take them out. He told us that he couldn't take them out because he had blood in his ears and he didn't like it so his fingers helped the blood.
At the urgent care the doctor began to tell me that he would need to have three stitches and that most kids Jacks age scream and it would be difficult to keep him still enough to put the stitches in. Jack proved everyone wrong and surprised them when he didn't even budge when he put the shot of lidocaine in his head or when he began to stitch his cut up. The only time he moved was he whined for his drink of water. The doctor and nurses were very impressed with him. After he was all stitched up he got to pick out a Daffy Duck bandage and a couple of suckers and on our way we went! We then took him to his favorite place to eat for a happy meal!
We left his stitches in for five days as we were instructed and then on the fifth day Jake took them out. Jack didn't want them taken out but agreed to if we put them in a bag and saved them for him!

1 comment:
It was a very traumatic time for mom; Jack was great after he quit screaming. Be prepared for more as I am sure you will have several times at the Urgent Care during his growing up years.
We sure were glad we were there to help.
We love you!
Post a Comment