Friday, January 16, 2009

I love these boys!!


I wanted to write down some of the things the boys have said lately that are so cute.

On Monday Jack came to me and told me he wanted to build his horse bed again with his daddy (the boys helped Jake put the bunk beds together the day before) Jack told me he wanted daddy to break his horse bed so that he could build it again.

The boys like the movie Sleeping Beauty and they especially like to sing and dance to the song "I know you I walked with you once upon a dream." They hold hands, dance around in circles while singing the song. I think it is sooo cute to watch them play together all the while using their imagination. (Jake tells me I can't let them watch all the girl movies anymore like sleeping beauty, little mermaid, beauty and the beast.)

Yesterday I was listening to the boys and they were pretending to go camping. They had all of their pillows and blankets out on the floor in the hall pretending to be camping. They were roasting marshmallows on their pretend fire and eating them. Jack even was nice enough to share his marshmallows with me!

Sometimes Sam will just come up to me and say "you're smart mom" I am sure he has heard us tell him he is a smart kid so he then tells it to us!

I'm sure all of you know now that Jack has a fascination with horses. We have little horse figures, horse books, horse movies, 2 stick riding horses and a rocking horse! We just about have it all except for the real thing! Jack will run around the house pretending to be a horse. He has gotten good at making horse noises! Jake tells me we are going to have to buy horse property and a horse someday!

Samuel loves to make up songs and stories.....He usually does this when he is happy and excited about something. He starts singing and dancing as he is making up the words to his own songs! He gets this from his dad as Jake makes up songs about anything and sings them aloud.

It is so fun to just sit back and watch/listen to your kids. They are actually pretty intelligent. I love that I get to be their mom and watch them play and grow everyday!

1 comment:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

You said it.....I love these boys!! Heather, you are becoming quite the photographer!!