

I can't believe my sweet Ava turned two months old on Saturday! Time just goes by way too fast.....does anyone know how I can stop my children from growing up?! Ava has been a wonderful addition to our family. She just absolutely loves her brothers and they just adore her!
Here is what Ava has been up to the past month. Ava has found her hands and loves to stare at them and try to stuff them in her mouth. She is smiling all the time now and loves to have conversations with us. She still sleeps great and is only waking up once or twice a night. Her reflux is starting to get under control with the medicines.......it breaks my heart to see her in such pain. She loves to be carried around in the sling.....I never had one with the boys and I don't know what I did without it. She calms down almost immediately when you put her in the sling. She can sleep in there for hours and it is one of the only times we can get her to take a pacifier. She is starting to get into a napping and eating routine which helps her and me! She still loves to sleep in her swing swaddled up tight. She isn't very fond of her tummy and can only be on it a few minutes before she starts to cry to be picked up. She is a pretty strong girl and is getting better at holding her head up. She is still wearing newborn diapers but I'm sure not too much longer and she will outgrow them. She is finally starting to fit into her 3 month clothes. We go to the doctor tomorrow for her 2 month well visit and to begin immunizations......it always makes me sad to see them get shots!
I feel so blessed to be a mother to this very special daughter of our Heavenly Father. I remember a blessing Jake gave me when I was pregnant with Ava. In the blessing I was told that my Heavenly Father wanted to send Ava to me and that he trusted me with one of his precious daughters. At that moment I knew how truly special Ava was going to be. We love you Ava!

2 comments:
I wish the sling had been invented when you and Ryan were babies. It would have been wonderful.
Ava is a special daughter just like you are. Heather, dad and I love you so very much and are so grateful Heavenly Father sent you to us.
Yeah! She is adorable! I can't believe she is 2 months old, and I wish that you still lived here so we could see you more!
Post a Comment