Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I just wanted to take a minute to say Happy Mother's Day to my wonderful mom! She is the best mom I could ever ask for! I know in my teenage years I wouldn't have said that but isn't it funny how you grow up and you actually love your family and want to hang out with them?!

I just want her to know that I am so grateful for all that she has done for me and for helping me to be the mother I am now. I know that I can always count on her for advice and someone to talk to. She is a great example to me. I see all of the trials she has overcome in her life and I look up to who she has become. She has taught me many great things about myself and has helped me through my own trials in life and I want to thank her for that. I also want to thank her for her endless love she has shown me and for never giving up on me. My mother is a very compassionate person and is always trying to be the peacemaker. I appreciate her willingness to do anything for anybody. I appreciate all the many times she has helped me and continues to help me. I am sorry I can't be there in person to give you a hug and tell you I love you but I do want you to know how much we all love you and appreciate you today!

I also want my mother-in-law to know how much we love and appreciate her. I am so grateful to her and my father-in-law for teaching and raising such a wonderful son! Jake is a great husband and father and I feel so blessed that we have him!

Today on this Mother's Day I feel so blessed to be a mother to three beautiful children! Sometimes I think I am not deserving of these three little miracles Heavenly Father has sent me, I have my faults and heaven knows sometimes I get really frustrated being the mom to these kids. I am trying everyday to be a good mother and to teach them the things about this world and the things about their Father and Heaven and brother Jesus Christ. I know that it is my duty as their mother to teach them these things so that they can become independent successful adults who know who they are and that they are loved. I am so grateful for my three beautiful children and their constant unconditional love and their willingness to forgive me!

Happy Mother's Day to not only Mothers out there but to all women! What a great blessing it is to be a women and a daughter of our Heavenly Father! I believe that women bless so many lives with their gentle and compassionate nature.

3 comments:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

Thank you, sweetheart. You are a wonderful daughter and an inspiration to me! I know all the trials you are going through....and I know you will succeed. Dad and I love you so much!! You are a wonderful mother to Sam, Jack and Ava!!! I know some days are frustrating, but keep your eye on the eternal aspect of life. Thanks again for being our daughter. I know Michelle can't wait to meet you!!

Ginny said...

Your mom is great! She works so hard to keep the extended family connected. I always get the feeling grandma is looking down on her with pride (although grandma wouldnt use the word pride). And you are a great mom too, I can tell who also has talent with picture taking. Happy mothers day.

Stephanie J said...

Sarah is awesome. As a daughter-in-law, I couldn't ask for someone more caring or Christlike. I love you mom!!

Happy Mothers Day, Heather. We hope you're doing well and were hoping to see you in June for a joint birthday party for Jake and Ryan.