Wednesday was the big moving day......and boy was it such a long day!! The movers got to the house around 9:00 in the morning and we didn't take off to go to Vernal until almost 2:00 in the afternoon!! It took three long hours of driving and we arrived to our new house around 5:00. It took another 2-3 hours to get everything unloaded. By thins point everyone was so exhausted!! The kids actually did really well and only cried/complained the last 20 minutes of driving to Vernal! I had Ava in the van with me and Jake had the boys in the truck. Jack and Ava slept almost the whole way and Samuel stayed awake the entire time!
We realized as we were driving to Vernal that I didn't have cell phone service here, so on Thursday we headed to the Sprint store. We told the women we needed a phone and the first thing out of her mouth was "now you realize if you order a phone today it won't be here until Monday." Then Jake turns to her and asks so it would be quicker to go to Salt Lake and get a phone then?" We decided to just wait until Saturday to get a phone because we have to go to Park City area for our nieces baptism. We then headed out the door to our next stop, the Wal Mart which was across the street. Both Jake and I looked at each other and said we are defiantly not in Salt Lake anymore. Vernal only has two grocery stores and a Wal Mart....no Target, no Costco, no Old Navy, no mall! I started feeling homesick.......I miss Salt Lake.....maybe it is just because things are different and change is hard to get used to. I know things will be great here I just have to have a good attitude!
I do have to say that I love the house that Gramoll bought for us. It fits us perfectly....not too big....not too small! It has 5 bedrooms and an office, 3 bathrooms and an awesome sandbox and swing set in the back yard for the boys! We are starting to make a dent in all of the unpacking of the boxes. It will take a little bit to get completely unpacked and settled. I cannot wait until we are completely unpacked and settled and things can be somewhat back to normal!
Friday, May 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What an adventure!! One advantage is ......no stores to shop at means you save money. :) (Or you can become an online shopper like me) ;)
We sure love you!!!!!!!!
Congrats on the move. Hopefully, things will get better. Post pics of your new place!
YOu will get used to it - change is hard, but worth it! I want to see pics of your new house!:)
good luck!
Post a Comment