Sunday, May 10, 2009

I blinked.....and my baby girl was six months old!

















Our perfect baby girl turned six months old today! I don't want to believe that all that time has past since she was born! I know I say over and over how much we love her but it is true.....things wouldn't be the same without her! She really is the perfect addition to our little family! It has been so fun for me to have a little girl to dress up and love! She is an absolute joy and we couldn't be any happier! She adores her brothers and loves to just sit and watch them play. I am sure she is just dying to roll around and play with them!

Some highlights of the past month:
  • Can roll over from her back onto her tummy (has rolled just a few times from her tummy to her back)
  • She really is becoming more and more vocal. She loves to hold conversations with us and just loves to hear her own voice!
  • Is getting more and more hair! That is quite an accomplishment.....our kids don't seem to have much hair when they are born.
  • Loves to sit in her swing and just watch everything go on.
  • Loves to be outside when it is warm and there is a slight breeze.
  • I have noticed that it is becoming increasingly more difficult to change her diaper......she just wants to squirm all over the place and check out her surroundings
  • Can sit all by herself for a few seconds while she is leaning over with her legs far apart (does that count as sitting up?!
  • She loves to reach for and hold her toys
  • Is now sleeping in her own room in her own crib!
  • She is getting better at falling asleep on her own. I usually feed her before nap time and then put her down in the crib, tell her goodnight and that I love her and she usually goes to sleep within a few minutes and hardly ever cries. Now we just need to figure out how to get her to sleep through the night!
  • She is doing a little better sleeping at night.....only waking up 2-3 times instead of 3-4 times a night.
  • She is still as tiny as ever! I am not sure how much she weighs.....we go in a couple weeks for her six month well visit. I am guessing since she was 11 lbs 14 oz at 4 months she might be 14 lbs at six months! Samuel and Jack were pretty little too but not this little! She is our itty bitty girl!
  • Loves to be tickled.
  • Smiles and laughs when her brothers are throwing a tantrum.....it is actually quite funny to see her laugh at them while they are throwing fits!
  • Still loves to eat her hands, feet and anything else that is in front of her!
  • Now that she has figured out how to roll over she loves sleeping on her side and her tummy and she still loves to be swaddled (Sam and Jack outgrew that by 3 months)
  • Still does not take a binky or bottle....we have just learned to accept that!
  • Loves to look and listen to the amazing world around her.
  • All around she is a really good baby just so full of life and love!
Happy Six months old!!

2 comments:

Sarah Bishop Jackson said...

What a beautiful, happy and wonderful granddaughter we have!! She is growing up so fast right before our eyes....be careful, you will blink and she will be asking to borrow the car!!!

Ginny said...

She is so cute. Are those adorable little leg warmers she has on?

P.S. Your hair is very cute.