



My dear sweet Ava got into the jar of Desitin. I left it on the floor with the lid screwed on crooked and left for a minute to help the boys. I came back to find my little girl with Desitin all over her face, hands, body and the carpet! She even had some on her mouth and tongue. I don't know how she managed to miss getting it in her eyes. I yelled for Jake and immediately picked her up. Jake tried to clean her off with a towel while I called poison control. They assured me she would be ok, even if she did swallow a lot there was nothing poisonous in it. They told me it might just act as a laxative. I wonder if they keep track of how many times you call poison control?? I have called several times in the past few years. With the boys getting into their vitamins, neosporin, and now Desitin. After calling poison control I gave Ava a bath as Jake tried to clean the carpet. Can I just say how hard it is to get Desitin off of a baby's body and off of carpet. Not to mention the smell of it. So for now all of the Desitin is off of her body but the smell still lingers on her and in her room!

1 comment:
You will look back at this and laugh....I promise! I am glad she didn't eat a lot of it. Reminds me of the time you and Ryan dumped a whole bottle of baby powder all over Ryan's room. That was a lot easier to clean up than Desitin. What a sweetie Ava is!!!!
Post a Comment